Monday, August 2, 2010

apples on the ground

just because i didn't get my 1st pick of apple on my first try, doesn't mean i should give up and settle with an apple that is rolling around in the mud.

in indian culture, the idea of healing after a heartbreak is a bit less understood, and the idea of a 28 year old female needing time to heal is appalling.

as i yell to be heard over the deafening sound of my ticking biological clock that seems to ring only louder as each respective non-related aunt or uncle ask me about my romantic goals of the future and recommend males who are my absolute antithesis, the anxiety piles up and I get caught in the whirlwind of expectations and fear.

Expectations that I have not met.
Fear that I will cross the forbidden threshold of 30, my ticking clock slowly dying out, along with questions of my goals, as I am now perceived as a lost cause.

And yet - my only fear is that I will never find the one, who likes me....just as I am.

over dramatic.
lover of chocolate.
sickly emotional.
5'1.
against mud-dripping apples.
me.

2 comments:

Aaron Song said...

Hang in there!

Lissa said...

it is the fear we all face, because even though our counterparts were at the same stage at some point in their life they forget and feel to the need to constantly remind us that we are not there and may not even be anywhere near there and that just feeds this non-existent worry that doesn't need to exist.

But, there is hope, because you rock! and you know it. So keep on doing the things that make you shine, and someone, at some point is going to see it.