Wednesday, September 1, 2010

control

sometimes, one feels out of control.

you can't control the viewpoints of others and the decisions of others.

unfortunately these decisions can sometimes affect you very badly - and this feeling is due to their decisions, which are completely out of your control.

today i was feeling particularly void of control, and then i realized that i have control over myself, over my health, my work and my body.

and so - i went to LA boxing and purchased a 9 month membership. I paid upfront, thus I cannot cancel, and thus I have just invested quite a bit of money towards toning up and getting into much better shape.

maybe i can't control people's feelings and decisions - but I can control the way I react to them, and I refuse to react by sitting on a couch eating chocolate covered ginger until I feel sick and unhealthy.

and so - i will box. box to get out my frustrations and box to toughen up my mind, body and spirit.

also - i will box b/c i paid too much not to - and i don't want to waste money. though i feel that spending money on boxing is equivalent to spending money on therapy - with an added perk of toning up and increasing endurance.

wish me luck!

xoxo

No comments: