Sunday, May 15, 2011

an op-ed on a fellow blogger

now that school is over, i find myself with nothing to do for a bit.

erego - a blog post.

my blog friend (and real friend) http://bikinimartini.blogspot.com/ has some interesting posts she's writing right now and it's interesting because our belief's and posts are like night and day - yet she's still one of my closest friends.

bikini believes that sex without a relationship is the way we are supposed to be. Humans are animals after all - and evolutionary I suppose that does make sense.

I think anyone who has ever read any of my posts knows I don't believe that this is all there is to it.

Bikini's latest post is very interesting - in it she describes an experiment where she will act like a typical late 20s relationship-hungry female. She estimates that acting this way will result in males losing interest in a faster amount of time than if she just acted like her self - a non-relationship hungry female.

I must say that for the most part I agree. Most males are intrigued by the female who doesn't want a relationship and just wants sex with no strings. However - I do think, that there are those out there that actually do want a long-term partner to grow with, have babies with, etc. etc. Contrary to popular belief, these relationship-craving men do exist! They exist and the older we get, the more there are!

So I'm excited to see how bikini will fare - and I secretly/not-so-secretly hope she meets a guy who surprises her, challenges her beliefs and makes her fall truly madly and deeply in love.

or as she likes to call it, attachment.

1 comment:

bikini martini said...

i'm going to assume that post was dedicated to me.

...and it'd be great if i was proven wrong, but i am skeptical.

and i don't get attached ;-).