Monday, January 10, 2011

ho ho - holiday weight

i was a glutton for the past well, really since september i've been pretty gluttonous.

i just finished skimming thru (yet again) my copy of jillian michaels' "making the cut" workout and weightloss book and i've (yet again) become motivated.

i remember when i eat healthy and work out, i feel my best because i look my best - and i really need to get back there again. so, from tomorrow the 10th to the 20th i will be working out hard and eating right, and then from the 21st to the 28th i will work out hard and also follow jillian michael's peaking diet for 7 days. This diet is primarily to shed the last bit of water weight - but I figure that if I work out and eat right hard for 10 days straight - i should be able to lose 2-4 lbs - and then the peaking will allow another 2 or so - which is a solid amount in the span of 3 wks.

so tomorrow i will be up and ready to go kickbox at 7 am - then at 5pm i will box.
tuesday morning - i will do jilian's workout in the morning and box in the evening.

now - my eating for the next 10 days will be fairly detox-friendly. fruits, vegetables, brown rice and lentils. no dairy, no sugar and no alcohol. of course, i do have some events lined up which have food at their center and thus a few passes will have to be had.

the peaking diet will be the toughest to follow - its low carb/high protein - which i hate. however the results, i adore.

the peaking diet will also incorporate yoga sweat sessions (as opposed to jilian's 'run with a sweatshirt on' approach)

i know i write about my struggles with control a lot in my blog - but to live a balanced life requires being able to control yourself and know when you need to say no and refuse things. so while this is a weightloss challenge, its also a challenge for myself to find balance and refuse those things that are not healthy for me and in the end, won't keep me happy, smiling and able to fit into those tiny clothes i so adore come spring!

No comments: