Tuesday, January 11, 2011

i'm not giving up and i'm not getting sensitive

ok.

so things did not work out with my 1st love. it's sad. 5 months later, we hardly speak and its still sad. but you know what? i'm not going to give up.

the other day i went on a date - my first 1st date in years and it was fun. The idea of possibility and flirtation swirled through the air, and you know what? I may never see him again. He may not be interested. Things may not work out - but the fact that I went, had fun and felt that possibility - which I haven't felt in so long, means that its all going to be ok.

Maybe that guy isn't the guy, maybe he is. Either way its all going to be ok.

If he's not the guy, I'll go out with someone else, and if he's not, I'll try another and another and another until I finally find the RIGHT one.

Even though I'm sad about my 1st real love lost, even though somedays I still cry and feel frustrated, the fact that one date with a stranger made me feel happy and hopeful speaks volumes.

If a date with a stranger can make me feel that way, just imagine how it will feel when I finally meet the guy I'm supposed to marry and have children with? Imagine how amazing it will feel. Then these past loves will be just fleeting memories that I smile about in my middle age as I shake my head at how love-sick I was and how in the end, it all brought me to you...the person I'm supposed to be with.

I know a lot of you are probably rolling your eyes..a lot of my friends who read this may even remove me from their blog readings...I'm being mushy and sugary and border-line obsessed with this idea but I don't care b/c I need this post to come back to when I'm feeling down..to remind myself..that hey! life is great. and at the end, I will be happy and in love.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Yup, I am with ya girlie. I feel as though all the bad dates and guys are just preparation for the real thing. The one who won't hurt your feelings and make you cry. They guy who would drive 3 hours just to wish you a Happy Birthday and 3 hours back for work the next day. As we get older we learn that those guys do not come a mile a minute, and sometimes, actually all the time, it's totally worth the wait. We just need to be patient.