Monday, December 8, 2008

doppelganger

I met your doppelganger last night.  Actually, I guess 'doppelganger' isn't the right term.  In the literary sense, 'Doppelganger' has kind of a negative connotation. So I suppose I met your 'look a like', your 'sound a like', your 'act a like' and I don't know what word would fit those 3 phrases best.  But I met him. He held my hand for a second, and I noticed he wore frayed threads strewn together in a bracelet form on his left wrist. I remembered how I bought you one once because I knew you loved them so.  I think in my mojito and martini haze, I may have mentioned your wrist bracelet obsession to him.  Actually, I may have told him all about you. He didn't seem to mind. He held my hand for a second, and for a second I thought it was you.  


No comments: