Wednesday, December 3, 2008

vampire love

i believe it's the dangerous, yet protective edge that allures me to the idea of falling in love with a real-life vampire. Perhaps it's the post-Santa Clause age fantasy for tween/teen-aged girls, but there's something about the idea that excites me.

Unfortunately, I'm a 20-something, not a something-teen.

Vampires are generally described as pale-faced, tall, masculine, strong creatures with beautiful facial features that cause humans to be allured by them. (hence making it easier to dive in for the 'kill') I think it's the aesthetic qualities, tied in with the 'good-vampire' ideal that makes this type of mate so appealing. A "bad guy turned good". What every woman fantasizes about. Perhaps this is why, when good, soft-natured guys come my way - I generally don't appreciate them as much. I don't want the good cop. I want the fanged and masculine vampire to come and whisk me away and be taunted by the scent of my blood, but to go against his primal instincts of killing me, because his love for me is too deep.

vampire love is hot right now.

No comments: