Thursday, January 15, 2009

Indulge - Less

So this may be something really cool and grow, or it may just be a slew of blogs; but I had this idea today that I can't get out of my head.

I think, as a society, especially as a 20-something city-dweller, we indulge in a lot of habits that aren't necessarily good for us.  So, in an effort to be aware of my addictions, and hopefully tone them down if not obliterate them, I'm going to try removing indulgences from my life one week at a time.  

What I mean by this is that each week I will take some thing, habit, or event out of my life that I generally always have, do, or attend, respectively.  After the week is up, I'll bring it back into my life...but hopefully with a bit more awareness.

So far this is my list of things:

- Chocolate
- Take-out
- Restaurants
- Mojitos/Alcohol
- Blackberry Internet Plan
- E-mail
- Facebook
- Internet
- Sugar
- Dairy 
- TV
- Men - no Contact! for a week ?  and no talking about them for a week!
- Clubs/Lounges/Etc
- Hook-ups - I don't hook-up every week...so maybe I'll make this a month long goal...um..or maybe just a 2 week goal
- Complaining
- Feeling Sad
- Reminiscing
- Getting Angry


That's all I have so far.  It's kind of like Lent I suppose, or even a detox.  I need a little detox from my lifestyle.

In other news, I had milk the past 2 days for the first time in a while, and now I'm feeling sick.  This basically proves to me that Milk does NOT do a body good - and I'm going to attempt soy milk, almond milk, and the like from now on.  The interesting thing is that yogurt, milk's sibling of sorts, does not have this sickly effect on me. This is most likely because of the bacteria in yogurt and the way it is made.

I'm fascinated.  I will start my life detox next week.  First thing to go - Chocolate....

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I understand. I'm trying to minimize my whole internet interaction and talk to real people more. I'm getting over this whole facebook phase. Less time in cyberspace is good!