Thursday, January 22, 2009

s.a.d.d.

i miss summer desperately.

i miss the heat, i miss the clothes, i miss being able to sit outside with an iced green tea in too-big sunglasses while people watching.  

i miss falling asleep in my sun-room with the door locked, and then waking up an hour later, completely drenched in sweat from all the sun and heat locked up in the room.

i miss playing basketball, badminton, soccer, and riding my scooter all throughout the neighborhood.

i miss humid night walks, where the sounds of the crickets were so loud that you had to speak up in the darkness to be heard.  I even miss mosquito bites received from running in too tall grass in too short shorts! Red itchy bumps covering my ankles and calves symbolizing July.

i miss the neighborhood water ice shop, where the line went out the door and you are bound to run into someone you knew from highschool.

I miss chocolate soft serve in a cone, dripping down my wrist, my arm, then my elbow till it finally drip drip drips on the hot gravel road.

i miss humid nights and sweat-inducing days and cool pools and wet hair air-drying in the summer sun.

i. miss. summer.

No comments: