Friday, May 29, 2009

you're not allowed

now i dream not just of you
but of you + her
you+ her, entering my subconscious 
this is unacceptable

there should be a 'do not enter' sign in my subconscious REM state where certain images and people are just not allowed to enter.

in other news,

the other day i saw an ex sitting at a table in a restaurant that i happened to walk by.  we both looked up at the same moment and shared a glance; me from outside and him from in, which is pretty accurate since our entire relationship was me trying to get in.  But this time, I saw him and he saw me, and instead of going in for the cordial 'hello nice to see you after so long' waste of time conversation - I sprinted away.  Literally. Sprinted. Feeling free with no regrets - I may have even skipped a little.  Knowing you meant nothing to me now, even though you once consumed pages of prose, I now don't care enough to say 'hello'.

I hope if I see you I'll do the same.  Last time I saw you randomly, it was on the F train and after you got off at your stop, I had to sit down with my head between my legs, the wind had literally been knocked out of me and I was dizzy and sick.

People only have an effect on you if you let them. So my goal is to not allow this effect to take place if I see you again.

No comments: