Sunday, April 5, 2009

About a Boy

and by boy - i mean 28 year old man.

This boy-man, we'll call him Greg - proceeds to act as if he is in highschool.  We have had mild to moderate flirtations since the summer of 2005.  In '05 I resisted his advances because I was in love and happy, but in '06 I allowed his flirtatious commentary b/c I was out of love, sad, horny, and hey! - Greg was a cutie.

Cut to '09 - and Greg has finally gathered himself up enough to ask me out to dinner.  Dinner is lovely and he walks me home and that is that.

On-line flirtation ensues as if we are 16 year olds stealthily on 'AOL' while in class.  I get more and more agitated.
Compliments are fed to me and yet actions speak louder than words.

I grow bored and discard him - yet, he seems to keep popping back in - perhaps b/c there are few 'Gregs' around and I would like to end up with a 'Greg'-type - due to our similarities in culture and religion.

I've never dated a 'Greg' - I've dated every other name under the moon...perhaps it's a sign that I should stick to what I know...direct men who call a girl when they like her and take the plunge to be with her.

Time will tell I hope.

No comments: