Friday, April 10, 2009

Mr. X

Last night Mr. X surprised me with flowers, perfect white daisies, which are my favorite type.  Roses are nice, but for some reasons daisies really make me swoon.

During dinner, Mr. X discusses the economy and politics for a bit and educates me on the info I missed since I replaced CNN with E! news a long time ago.  He doesn't mind my interest in pop-culture and things work well because he is patient and explains everything in a way a really good professor might.  The only issue with Mr. X on this front is that he is very persuasive, so his liberal democratic ideals rub off on me, but I'm fairly liberal and democratic anyways so it's fine.

After dinner, Mr. X and I walk home.  We go upstairs and I begin to read the stack of magazines Conde Nast sends me. They attach each magazine with a press release, hoping I will write a blurb about them in one of my articles.  I like this.  Conde Nast respects me as a journalist, and this appeals to me greatly.  I peruse these articles for the upcoming trends of the season, with the comforting sound of Mr. X's tick-tick-ticking on the laptop.  Mr. X wears glasses when he works, and I find him cutest then.  I kiss him and the edges of the frame pinch me as our faces touch.  I am happy.

After working, we lie in bed together talking about random odds and ends, I fall asleep to his humming as he plays with my hair.

I love Mr. X.


No comments: