Wednesday, April 1, 2009

what's in a name? a lot.

Today I discovered a missing piece of jewelry.

Deep in the pocket of my comforter-like coat, I found 1 lone diamond encrusted earring with the familiar logo by the 'always a classic' Coco Chanel.  Digging deeper into the pockets I uncovered old movie tickets, gum wrappers, apartment keys, a grocery list, and a folded 20-dollar-bill, but no Chanel.  Scrounging on the floor, separating the fibers of the carpet bit by bit, I aimlessly searched for the proverbial 'needle in a haystack' - yet my conquest led to nothing but a sweater coated with dust bunnies.

Oh Chanel!!  I miss those sparkling diamond-encrusted cc's on my 2nd hole!   The quintessential double C's, how I miss thee.

While I plan to have more Chanel in my future, you know what they say - 

You never forget your first.


No comments: